Saturday, June 4, 2011

Craft/Guest Room

I will be using my son's old bedroom for a crafting/guest room.  We live in a modular home and to do this the right way, I am removing all of the 'strips' that were used to hide the wallboard seams, screwing the boards to the studs (they were just nailed on), taping and mudding the joints, scraping all of the texturing (popcorn) off the ceiling, and patching holes in the walls.  I know it is a lot of work, but it will be worth it!  Here are the before pictures:
The closet will shelves in it for boxes of things I'm working on as well as my tools.  I have a nice large window to let in lots of light.

My corner work desk will go here.  There's a swatch of color on the wall.  I can't change out the carpet, so picking a color was a challenge in itself!  My husband suggested this one and I love it!
This wall will have a bookcase on it. 
I will have a couch/daybed/futon on this wall.  Not sure yet what will go in here, but it will have to double as a sleeping area for guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment